More Information on Borderline Personality Disorder in Relationships

Photo by Tall Chris - http://flic.kr/p/2gena - For illustration only

I was browsing your site two days ago and came across what was described as BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). It said somthing like a person with BPD will have major mood swings and change from someone who loves you so much but later on hates you and treats you with much anger and dislike.

I would like to know if you can help me find this article again because it sounded excatly like my ex. I am trying to recover now that the relationship is over. It would help to know exactly what I was dealing with for 8 years.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks for inquiring. Actually, this site and our parent site CounsellingResource.com have given a fair amount of treatment to the topic, and you can find several relevant articles by typing “borderline personality disorder” into the search box at the top of any page on either site.

There is an excellent article originally from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) about this personality disturbance that you might want to particularly review. This article includes a broad discussion of the nature of the disorder and its symptoms.